Erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection, which is necessary for sexual intercourse. According to statistics, after 40 years of age, erectile dysfunction affects almost 40% of men, and after 50 years, erectile dysfunction occurs in nearly 70% of the stronger sex. It happens that disorders in the sexual sphere also occur in young men, often due to overwork and psychological problems.
However, today it is established that erectile dysfunction in almost 80% of cases is a symptom of various, primarily vascular disease. Therefore, if you have complaints of decreased potency and/or libido, it is important not to gloss over the problem, but to immediately contact a specialist and find the cause of ailments.
Treatment of organic erectile dysfunction, depending on the cause, may include:
- Treatment of inflammatory diseases of the genitals, the use of drugs of sex hormones.
- The use of erection stimulants (PDE-5 inhibitors), physiotherapeutic methods of treatment (UHT of the penis, magnetic pulse stimulation of the pelvic floor muscles, prostate massage). For example, you can find effective medications here https://svensktapotek.net/. Such medications can be very effective if you approach their use correctly and consult your doctor first.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction in men
- Specialists treat erectile dysfunction in men in the following ways:
- Psychotherapy. Single or family sessions with a psychotherapist are conducted.
- Medication therapy. The patient takes prescribed medications.
- Physical therapy. A complex of procedures including massage, magnetic, laser and other types of therapy.
- Surgical intervention. Appointed surgery on blood vessels or penile endoprosthetics (this is a radical method, used in the last stages of impotence development).
Positive effect after the treatment of erectile dysfunction is guaranteed only with a healthy lifestyle, compliance with diet and avoidance of prohibited drugs. Treatment of erectile dysfunction in men is appointed when there is a decrease in libido, absence of erection or erections insufficient for a long intercourse. Impotence can occur with hypertension, hormonal disorders, diabetes, bad habits, stress, inflammation of the genitourinary system, trauma, diseases of the nervous system or the musculoskeletal system.